So we’re terrible at this. Sorry! I’ll spend some time during the winter break figuring out how to keep up with our blogging better. For now, a little life update:
* We spent October break apart – I, in the States for some much-needed girlfriend time and the wedding of my dear friend Kayla. Cameron went to Bali with friends. I don’t think he was overly heartbroken to miss the wedding. I mean, Bali, dudes.
* Cameron has signed on to stay at SCIS for another year. We hope he can stay in 4th grade for the sake of continuity!
* I interviewed for an IB English position at the international division of a Chinese school. It was a grueling interview (2 hours!!!!), but it really made me think and was great practice for what interviews are going to be like when I’m on the market. I guess I did well, because they invited me to do a lesson the following Monday (interview was on a Friday). I didn’t get the job, but preparing the lesson and actually teaching it was such a great experience. I really enjoyed the process of outlining activities, ensuring they were responsive to my learining goals, and even having to improvise when my lesson was time was cut 15 minutes (thank you, sucky Shanghai taxis – I was late!!!)
* By the end of this year, I will have completed 5 of my M. Ed classes (out of 9 or 10, depending on the kind of student teaching I do), and two of my content deficiency classes (out of 9 – gulp!). So, making slow progress. I’m signed for two more M. Ed classes to be completed between January and April, and will sign up for another two History classes. I expect to complete those by the end of spring as well. I should be ready to student teach by the fall – where will I student teach is still TBD, but it’ll be in Shanghai.
* Upcoming travels: Dominican Republic (hopefully mostly North Coast), Hong Kong, tentatively Malaysian Borneo and Thailand, Oregon (in that order!).
Love to all,